Contact me at bfit4life@live.com.au

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Week One Challenge - Pushups


I thought I might set you a few optional challenges along the way.  This one centres around one of my all time favourite exercises - the pushup.

Surf on over to here:  hundredpushups.com  and take the initial test (its on the left hand sidebar)

How many can you do?


Would you like to join me in the 100 pushups challenge?  Also available as a phone App, it will guide you through 6 weeks of practice.  I've tried it before and never managed to get to the end.  Perhaps you can motivate me through it this time - after all it wouldn't do to be outdone by my Challenge Participants - or would it?  or could you?

Do the test - that's your challenge for this week, and report below in the comments section when  you have done it (numbers are optional)

And after the test, look through the website and decide if you want to add this into your exercise routine for the next 6 weeks 

PS - haven't seen too many introductions yet - don't be shy!  Post ém anywhere you like!

9 comments:

Lisa D said...

I did chest yesterday as part of routine 3 sets each of 3 different chest exercises starting with heavy weight & low reps, then upwards in reps & downwards in weight. The last exercise was pushups, great when your arms are already mushy, did x3 sets of 50 with 2 min rest between sets & 10 seconds between sub sets (8, 12, 25) so I am keen to see how many I can actually do in one hit, I reckon with good form I can probably do 25, but I have yet to try the test, will do tonight & see what I get. But yes, lets do 100 & have nice arms & great looking shoulbers not to mention the ab workout with core stability...gotta love it....Lisa D

Deb S said...

Ok I'm in! Day 1 done but did do them on my knees so hope that's ok??

Unknown said...

Well I had a go this morning & did 16 without stopping....... not really sure if that is ok or a bit hopeless!!

Unknown said...

By the way hi too all of the other body fat challengers. My name is Melissa & I am from Booleroo. I have done Lisa's two previous challenges & have joined once again to help keep me honest! I work in health (with Lisa & a few others too) so decided just over 12 months ago to transform my lifestyle & have lost weight & improved my fitness. My goal now is to maintain my weight loss and continue to improve my fitness. I look forward to hearing from more of you. Good luck!

Lisa said...

Well surprise surprise I'm in too. Didn't do the initial test last night as I was too sore from Pump - but I know I can do about 35 when I'm fresh. So apparently I start on Week 3.

Melissa 16 is fantastic and more than most can do - well done!

Nothing wrong with doing them on your knees Deb, but you could always do the first couple on your toes and then drop to your knees. It will give you lots of regular practice to transition up to a toes pushup eventually.

So no excuses for anyone - pushups on your knees are IN!

Anisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anisa said...

I did 15 on my toes yesterday. I am keen to get nice arms and shoulders from pushups, so I'm in!

Hello, I'm Anisa. I work in health in Booleroo but previously lived in Melbourne. This is my second body fat/body transformation challenge, which I found during the first one as a great motivator. After losing several very stubborn kg a few years ago I now constantly try to improve my health and fitness and most importantly stay motivated any way I can.

Deb S said...

Hi, I'm Deb from Crystal Brook, mother of 4 beautiful children now all at school! So this is my year to spend getting my body into a fitter, healthier me! This challenge is a first for me & I am enjoying it already! was shocked at body fat % but has just made me more determined to stick at it! so as for push-ups glad I can do on knees, but have a question! Did a pump class this morning can I still do push-ups tomorrow? Today was my rest day on app!

Sarah U said...

Did it this morning after a 2km run & did 26 on my toes :) very happy with that...plus I get to start on week 3 also!