Contact me at bfit4life@live.com.au

Friday, February 1, 2013

The Sugar Affair - January Review

Well the first month of the year is over, and time to review my goals- how are you going with yours?  After all, we are 1/12th of the way through!  LOL

My fun goals:

Run 365 km in 2013 - Progress - 19% complete
Run/Walk/Cycle/Kayak/Swim 2013 kms in 2013 -Progress - 5% complete

Obviously the 2013 kms is going to present some challenges, (thats about 5 km/day!)  but I didn't do too badly considering I had 2 weeks off running and 1 week off exercise in total due to illness/injury.  Just need to put in a few big rides each month.

Body Fat Goal
Drop 10% Body Fat - Progress - 2% done dusted!  (thats 1/5th of my target) - Happy with that

Nutrition Goals
Cut out refined sugar
Well I've successfully stayed sugar clean for the whole month, with the exception of some probiotic yoghurt which I couldn't find sugar free, but decided the health benefits of this (post antibiotics) outweighed the effects of the miniscule sugar in this.

I have managed to shift some stubborn fat (most women have stubborn stores either around the waist or the thighs) which I am attributing to improved blood sugar control and how this affects fat metabolism.  I'm no expert in this area but I will put up a post from Coach Calorie that explains this soon.

For the moment - I am just a happy  experiment!

No comments: