Contact me at bfit4life@live.com.au

Friday, February 8, 2013

Some Inspiring Podcasts

Just back from my long run (ok maybe an hour ago- but its taken me that long to get back up off the couch).
Note to self and anyone else who cares - not the best idea in the world to weight train your legs the day before the long run (13.5 kms today).  I woke up with mild DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness), and wondered how long into the run it would take to shake it off.  Answer: DID NOT HAPPEN - it never left me and I found the last 1/4 of the run exceptionally challenging.  Not to mention going out too late and sweltering in the sun. Not my best run, although certainly my longest of late.

Anyway - whilst running sometimes I listen to Podcasts to help both distract and motivate me.  I love the ones done by Chris Russell of Run Run Live.
I listened to two this morning that you might enjoy. Particularly the second one about a 72 year old guy who has been pushing his son around in a wheelchair for 31 marathons, countless iron mans, triathlons etc.  It told me that none of us have any excuses not exercise -none, not money, time, motivation anything.

Here are the links:

http://www.runrunlive.com/episode-3-252-zoe-ramano-unsupported-run-across-the-usa

http://www.runrunlive.com/episode-253-rick-and-dick-hoyt-change-the-world

No comments: