Contact me at bfit4life@live.com.au

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Its a Protest Flag Kinda Day....

...well not a protest really, but true to my prediction of not being perfect - I did miss somone's measurements AND they had really good results which requires adjustments to the leader board ...
As follows:


Week 3 Revised Results:
1st Place - Kels D - 2.69%
2nd Place - Soph T  -2.13%
3rd Place - Sonya I - 1.74%
4th  Place - Andrea B - 1.43%

Overall
1st Place - Kels D - 10.05 %
2nd Place   Julie R -  6.3%
3rd Place - Deb S - 5.84%

Well done Sophie - and I'm sorry I missed you out!

But it does give me the opportunity to make one more comment.

As I enter the results into the database each week, I can only see one person's results at a time.  So I keep an updating chart next to me of who currently holds the top three spots, for the week and overall.  I enter the first three results into the chart, and with every new result I look to see if they knock anyone off the current top spots, and if they do, I replace their name. I do them in order of receiving them (first in first done)  Get the idea?  But what I've noticed over the last two weeks - and it could be purely coincidence  - but its interesting to think about - is that I am rarely knocking anyone off list as time goes on.  The leaders usually are the ones who have their stats in the earliest

Have a look:
Kel D - Sat 8:36am
Soph T - Sat 6:22 am
Sonya I - Sat 9.15 am
Andrea B - Sat 9.59 am
Julie R - Sat 7:24 am
Deb S - Sat 9:54 am

I received results right through until Sunday at 8:44pm -

Interesting huh? is it because those that send them in early are more motivated, or more confident that they have done well, or up earlier exercising (LoL), or more desperate to see how they have done?

I have no idea really - but I'm a very reflective person and found this quite interesting!

2 comments:

Kels said...

I send mine in early because I think it's better to do them early, because I am motivated AND because I'm impatient!!! LOL I then start checking my email Saturday afternoon in the hope that I have got my results (and I'm not kidding!) I will definately be working harder now Sophie is catching up!

Sarah U said...

I think we are all glued to our emails on Saturdays & Sundays now ;) lol Even if I don't send in until a bit later I do my measurements as soon as I get up on Saturday morning for similar reasons to Kels. Plus haven't had a chance to let slacker eating habits on the weekend get in the way :)