Contact me at bfit4life@live.com.au

Friday, November 2, 2012

Want This?


And I'm not talking about the crop, and yes, of course I already have it (LoL), I'm talking about the shape, the definition, the look.
So many times people tell me that they can't wear sleeveless tops because they don't like the look of their arms.  But you could lose a heck of a lot of weight and still not like your arms - because unless you are weight training, you'll still have the same percentage of "flab"
If you are trying to transform your body into something that you are comfortable with the look of (it doesn't have to be perfect) and strong and fit enough to do what ever you want in life, you must weight train.

And the trick here is - it must be at least 3 times a week
AND,
unless you are doing a more complex "split" routine (where you focus on different muscle groups each day) it needs to be on alternate days, NEVER consecutive.  Muscle needs 48 hours to recover from the effort and rebuild into a stronger form.  If you keep hammering away at the muscles before they recover, they will break down even further.
Weight training doesn't have to mean pumping iron, there are plenty of body weight exercises you can do - things like you would do in boot camp with next to no equipment.

"But  you keep telling me I should be exercising every day - now you're telling me alternate days".

Just to confuse you, but both are correct.  Its the type of exercise that you need to vary. Basically you can alternate your weight training days with cardio days.  You also need to consider varying the intensity of your training.  You don't have to smash it out every day.  Some days should be lighter than others to give your body more rest and achieve better results (yes I said you will get better results by putting some light days in).

For best results, you need to plan your exercise for the week, what you will do when.  If this sounds a bit complicated, don't forget I offer one off consultations - I can help you set up a 3 month plan that will take into account your current fitness level, and what equipment/classes you have available.

No point being fit if you don't have the strength to push the shopping trolley through Lorna Jane (yep, that's how much I buy)

Lift weights to live life to the max

No comments: