Contact me at bfit4life@live.com.au

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Rate Your Daily Commitment


How determined are you to reach your goals?

Here's a way to keep yourself in check, and give yourself the needed "kick up the ****" when appropriate.

At the end of each day, give yourself a rating out of 5

1 point for planning your food according to your targets (eg calories, clean eating or protein)
1 point for eating according to the plan
1 point for planning your exercise
1 point for exercising to plan
1 point for drinking to plan (6 - 8 glasses water, no alcohol)

Basically - If you don't plan, you can't score anything apart from the last point

Remember


If you are really serious about your goals you will be scoring 5 out of 5 - right?  If you are consistently scoring say 3/5 you can't really expect great results can you?

To visually help and reinforce this, why not make up a good old fashioned star chart?  One square for every day of the week, for 10 weeks.  Put in on the wall and colour in the days that you score 5/5.  When you don't score a 5, write in what score you do achieve.  Be real, don't kid yourself. Maybe even write your results at the end of the week to reinforce what a difference dedication makes.  And this way - every day has a goal to achieve.

Here's a sample chart of what it might look like:


See the way I can visually see why I haven't had good results in the second week?  And every day that I don't get to colour in the square - it tells me what I have to work harder on the next day?
Then again - a very colourful row makes me feel very cheerful about how hard I am working.
And its not about meeting anyone else's standards, its about achieving my own plans.

What if I achieve my plans but I dont get the results I want?  Well its back to the drawing board - either your plan is flawed or your goal is unrealistic.  But at least you KNOW that something has to change.  I will help you with this - just ask the questions on your weekly email.  I will email you a copy of this chart in case you want to use it.

By the way - when I drew up this chart I realised that I still have the dates wrong on your measurement chart - I am one week out - with the starting measurements coming in on 4/5 and Week 1 results coming in on 11/5.  I will see how I go changing this on your return emails today.

ON with the challenge!


No comments: